Audio Problem with MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NickC1028, Feb 17, 2008.

1. NickC1028 macrumors member

I had a Blackbook a couple of weeks ago and there didnt seem to be this problem but,

whenever I plug in headphones I get a low little feedback noise through my expensive headphones. Is this a normal? My other Macbook did not give off a little low distortion/alien type noise.

I appreciate all your feedback.

2. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

I usually get some low level noise when I pause iTunes or something when I've got my headphones in. I think it's just because the signal-noise ratio of the headphone port is pretty bad. It's certainly more noticeable with decent headphones.

3. bov macrumors 6502

yes i've just started to realized that i have this low feedback noise as well. it seems likes its pretty off and on

4. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

I also get spaceship noises when using headphones on my macbook. I HATE IT.
    Most annoying when doing audio editing and such. I've posted before about this but got no reply. Glad/sad to know it's not just my machine. Anyone got more info on this issue? The only thing I can think of is that there is a problem with the D/A conversion, because it sound like digital interference of some sort.

5. NickC1028 thread starter macrumors member

yeah dude im right here with you with the spaceship noises.

i called apple and they said it is not normal.

i bought mine from amazon and im expecting a replacement soon

6. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

I must say, I'm usually anal about stuff like this, but after having used 3 sets of expensive headphones (Beyer DT770/DT100/Shure in-ears), I've not heard ANY grounding sounds/noise at all, in my 2.2 SR MBP. It's completely silent and pristine...

7. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

I only hear it for about 10-15 seconds when audio is stopped. The output then goes silent.