Audio problems... is it the phone or the network?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Confuzzeled23, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Confuzzeled23 macrumors regular

Hey Everyone,
    I got my iPhone about a week and a half ago I notice that sometimes when I am talking on the phone the audio is choppy, like it cuts in and out. Like if I'm calling someone the ring will be like... riiii.....ng, ring, rii....ng. Like its losing connection or something, and then when I'm talking to people sometimes I miss what they are saying and because of this. I am using Telus in Canada on 3G+ HSPA network. I was wondering if this is a network issue or an iPhone issue?

Thanks.

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Probably network. Have you called people from different parts in town? (ie. different towers etc)

3. Confuzzeled23 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, sometimes it is fine and very clear, and others it is choppy like this. It's quite bothersom

4. Confuzzeled23 thread starter macrumors regular

I was wondering as well:

I previously had my number on a Krzr K1m from Bell and I brought my phone number over to Telus. Now, my Krzr worked fine downstairs in my bedroom (where the iPhone seems to cut in and out), I was wondering is this normal that my 3 year old CDMA has better reception in my basement than my brand new iPhone? I would expect reception to be better. However, sometimes I completely lose service when I am in my bedroom, where I used to have perfect service using my Krzr K1m on Bell. I would suspect the network, but Bell and Telus share the same network using the same towers. I call technical support and she said it may be the concrete in my walls, but I don't understand that my old phone worked fine?

Does anyone know of issues with the iPhone reception such as this?

Thanks again.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like a connection issue.
    Dont try to compare the CDMA Krzr with a GSM phone.
    CDMA has better signal penetration I believe.