Audio Recorder Application?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by firstapple, Mar 26, 2008.

1. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Alright... I am sitting in my class right now and a thought just popped into my head... Are there any audio recording apps that would allow me to just simply record my professor in class?

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

audacity

You will run into a fundamental problem. That is you will be recording from the internal mic on your computer. Unless your professor is really low it will be impossible to hear unless you are only 1-2 feet away.

3. firstapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

firstapple

I am testing it out now... Thanks a lot!

Any others?

4. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

Hi,

I did the same. Used Audio Hijack Pro to record directly to mp3. AHPro has also a nice "Split" feature allowing you to continue recording while you create a new file, exactly picking up where the old stopped.

Doing so, I could create one file for each slide of the Powerpoint presentation.

Finally I went into iTunes and used the artwork field to display the slide inside iTunes.

Before an exam I would listen to it in iTunes and have the slides right there - it was almost as sitting in class.
    This is also great to share lectures with other people who didn't make it to the lectures - for whatever reasons :)

Hope this is helpful.

/Rupert

5. cohibadad macrumors 6502a

cohibadad

Quicktime Pro records nicely. You could use Garage Band. Heck, you could even use Photo Booth or iMovie if you don't mind the video with audio.