Audio recorder with input level control?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Daremo, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Daremo macrumors 68020

Daremo

I have searched the store, and can't seem to find this feature. Does anyone know of an Audio recorder app where you can adjust the input level? I tried to use the phone to record something loud in a room, and it was WAY to hot. I need to adjust the input level, and I'm hoping this exists, OR someone updates with this feature.

Thanks!

2. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

I have talked to iPhone Audio Recording Software Developers and that is something that is prohibited by the SDK - so that feature may never come from any of the applications unless it slips by Apple.

3. Daremo thread starter macrumors 68020

Daremo

I didn't realize that, thank you for the reply. Disappointing to say the least.

4. firewood macrumors 604

Sounds like someone is handing you some misdirection.

5. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

What are you saying that developers are allowed to jack up the recording volume? That was the reason I was given by developers as to why it is not in any of the apps - because Apple in the SDK prohibits tampering with the recording input volume - sorta like how we haven't seen camera apps which zoom in/video recorders. I think Apple at least right now is being strict as far as manipulating the hardware to do such things.

6. mcqueenerpants macrumors newbie