Audio recording Only Mono in all apps..

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Zola85, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Zola85, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011

Zola85 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I'm a guy who likes to record a tutorial or two but the other day when I went to record a tutorial as usual something weird has happened, the mac is only recording one channel it seems, I have a couple programs (IshowUHD and Screenflow) and am getting the same problem in those 2 programs.

I thought it might be my mic but apparently when I'm speaking to people on Skype it works just fine, I bought another mic just in case and the same problem occurs.

In IshowU hd it shows the monitoring of the channels (left and right) and it seems that it seems to record VERY faint noises on the other channel but not enough to be heard. I figured somewhere there was a panning problem or something but not sure where that is mapped? If I switch the main channel around when I play the video I then get the sound in that channel but not the other :/

I'm on OS X 10.5.8 if that helps..

If anyone has absolutely any clue what this could be any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I certainly don't think it's the programs and I haven't changed any of the settings on there since I last started using them as far as I'm aware I think it might be in the way the system is recording the sound but don't know much about this as the sound tab in system prefs just lets you select your mic and then the volume at which you want to record from it..

Thanks very much guys!

Maybe a soundflower thing? I haven't opened it since the day I installed it though

2. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

You haven't really provided any useful info to go on. What is your equipment and how is it connected?