Audio Recording Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ikermalli, May 9, 2009.

1. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Hey all,

Today I am supposed to do a project with a friend (due on monday), we are supposed to make a song. I just tried to test my audio recording from the built-in speaker but there is a problem, over the music (Drop It Like It's Hot instrumentals, don't ask why) you can hardly hear my voice, I can't turn the volume of the song down, and when I try to turn the volume of the input device (built-in speaker) up, it will not let me (stuck at 0.1). Is there a way I can get around this other than speaking up because there are people home and I don't want to disturb them, so it would be great if you could help me. I also have Audio Hijack Pro, but that will not let me record and add music in (we need to keep with the pace of the real song, but it's about geography... I know, lame, but that is why we need the music there). Thanks for any help

- ikermalli

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You could use Audacity (free) to mix your voice and the song.

You play the song, listen to it via headphones, so it won't mix up with the voice recording, and use the internal mic to record via Audacity. Have you used the Input tab under System Preferences > Sound to adjust the record level of the mic?

3. ikermalli thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, yeah I had audacity. Thanks a lot for telling me about turning the mic volume volume up!