Audio Ripping Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BIG Yack, Dec 31, 2009.

1. BIG Yack macrumors newbie

Hello,

I hope you don't mind that this topic was written in hurry. Because of that I only peaked at some other topics and Google searches, but none gave me the answer.

I'm in a situation where audio CDs must be ripped - acutally, they contain MP3 files. Windozing, I used to do it with Audiograbber. I wan't to import three compilations in decent quality (196Kb/s) to my computer with the preset "Artist - Track Title.mp3" and all the IC3 tags (written automatically or manually, it doesen't matter).
    What software do you suggest?

And to explain further, why I don't use iTunes. The program has some nice and easy setups for importing CDs, it automatically brings some data and album artwork for the internet, too.
    But it doesen't let the user select some "advanced" options, such as the directory in which music should be saved - if you have it in multiple places and how it will be encoded.
    Not all of us trust iTunes to manage the music libraries.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
    BIG_Yack

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Are you saying the "audio" CDs contain .mp3 files?

Then it's not really an audio CD (playable by any CD player made, even the non MP3 ones), it's a data CD, containing audio files.
    (Although audio is data too.)

You can change the location of the audio files in iTunes if you want to.

[​IMG]

3. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

4. BIG Yack thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you both for replying.

Now we are on the philosophicfield :rolleyes: The situation is mixed - sometimes I wan't to import "the" Audio CD's (discs, conaining audio formated inside .ca) and sometimes only audio CD's (discs, on which waveforms in different flavours could be found).
    I know the library folder could be changed. But, you see, I don't want to move the library. I only wan't to rip the audio to a separate specific folder, let'ss say a USB-drive.

If you ment this one, I like it! Thank you ...

Any other suggestions still are "accepted" :)

Best regards,
    BIG_Yack

5. deep diver macrumors 65816

deep diver

Mostly wrong. After you have imported the music you can use finder to make any directory name or location changes you want and iTunes will recognize the changes. I frequently do it that way.

6. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Yep that's it. It's simple to use and I like saving presets.