Audio Skimming In iMovie 09 Problem!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rossagrant, Apr 1, 2009.

1. rossagrant macrumors member

Hi there,
    I'm using iMovie 09 with the very latest updates applied and I am having trouble with audio skimming in just one of my projects.
    The project is only 8 minutes long and is just a collage of pictures to music.
    The audio skimming button is toggled to on but no green bars show in the equalizer when I skim over the video. The audio works fine when playing the project and in other windows around the project such as the event viewer. I have plenty of free hard drive space and the thumbnails slider is set to '5s'. ALL of my other projects skim no problem.

Now this is the strange part. If I click to enter the precision editor on any part of the video and then click done (even without altering anything) the skimming comes back. It thus disappears if place a new item in the timeline until I go back into the precision editor where it re enables itself.
    It's very frustrating and I don't have a clue where to start with trying to sort it. Anyone got any ideas?
    Thanks
    Ross.

2. rossagrant thread starter macrumors member

UPDATE*

IT SEEMS THAT IT IS NOT SKIMMING AUDIO WHEN ONLY PHOTOGRAPHS AND A SOUNDTRACK MAKE UP THE PROJECT. AS SOON AS ANY VIDEO IS ADDED TO THE PROJECT IT SKIMS NO PROBLEM.

Could someone else try skimming a project made from only pictures and an iTunes soundtrack and see if they expereince the same?

Any Ideas?

Ross :)

3. PC2MacGary macrumors newbie

Audio Skimming in iMovie 09 same problem

I am experiencing the same problem however I have a few video clips in my project.