Audio splitter(speakers and headphone) with independent volume controls

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macsander, Apr 8, 2008.

1. macsander macrumors regular

macsander

Hi,
    I want to connect speakers and a headphone to my iMac at the same time.
    Since there is only one audio output in the imac, I need a audio splitter and I think I need a headphone splitter then?

Now the problem is there is no volume control on my headphone and I want it at a different volume then my speakers, otherwise when I turn my speakers on and the headphones are still connected and I turn volume up loud it will ruin my headphone ( and I don't want my software volume almost down and my speaker control way up)

Now I found this headphone splitter, but my question is, will the sound quality still be the same because I need the same sound quality.

I know it's a difficult story, but please try to help me out here Thank!:)

2. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Why not just buy speakers that have a headphone port? and then buy headphones that have a volume control. I have speakers and then plugged into that I have wireless headphones where I can control the volume directly from the headset.

3. macsander thread starter macrumors regular

macsander

Well I won't do that because I think I have one of the best Audio systems possible for a Pc/mac, I have Audioengine A5 speakers and a AKG 530Ltd Headphone, and by doing what you say I can't use audio devices with such a high quality.

4. macsander thread starter macrumors regular

macsander

5. aviel08 macrumors newbie