Audio streaming to a car via Bluetooth hack/tweak/sometinh

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by sclomps, Jul 5, 2013.

1. sclomps macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,
    These days I bought a new car that has support for bluetooth calls, however it seems that the bluetooth system only works for calls or siri and refuses to play any music from the iPhone (definitely a limitation imposed by the manufacture)!

So my question is: is there any way to maybe trick the car into thinking it is in a call so I can play music via bluetooth? Any other suggestion is appreciated, however I don't want to change anything on the car yet, a jailbreak tweak or something else would be better.

Thanks!

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Does your car have a aux input? If so, you could connect a Bluetooth A2DP receiver to it and stream that way. The iPhone can connect to two BT devices at once. Some are rechargeable and some can get power via USB, if that's handy.

Another way is a Bluetooth receiver/FM transmitter, like the ones from GoGroove.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You might have better luck with your search results with the right keywords. Your car doesn't support A2DP for streaming music -- only HFP for calls. Try adding those to your keywords. I'd suggest replacing the head unit with one that has A2DP and AVRCP support built in.

4. outphase macrumors 65816

I was able to get this in my car by setting my phone to use BT for internal audio instead of just as a phone.