Audio Switch

Discussion in 'iMac' started by medavidcook, Sep 13, 2014.

1. medavidcook macrumors member

medavidcook

Hello

Was wondering is there a way to switch between headphones and speakers on the iMac, so i dont have to remove the headphones every time

if anyone knows please let me know

thanks

2. Thalbadar macrumors newbie

Just click on the volume control with "alt", then you should be able to choose the speakers you want.

(No additional speakers pluged in on my macbook right now)

Attached Files:

3. Sciuriware macrumors regular

Sciuriware

On my iMac that does not work, i.c.: it shows the picture as above,
    but nothing you can change with any key I tried or any mouse click.
    When I connect headphones the picture simply changes to "headphones".
    ;JOOP!

4. Thalbadar, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

Thalbadar macrumors newbie

Just checked it with my earphones on my macbook, same result. On my iMac i have a headset with a external soundcard. I guess thats the reason why i can choose it on my iMac and not on my Macbook with the earphones connected.

I guess you can only choose the output of the soundcard then. If it is true, it should really be fixed. Really annoying to pull out the headset for speaker. But maybe there is an app for this?

Quick search, bit old but maybe useful?: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2609977?start=15&tstart=0

I am using this little thing here, 10 bucks in germany, i use it with a sennheiser pc 360 wich could not be connected directly to my imac. Mabye there is something similar for you?

http://www.amazon.de/USB-Sound-Adap...qid=1411013881&sr=8-2&keywords=soundkarte+usb

Sry 4 my spelling and many mistakes.