Audio sync issue

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Kenjancef, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Kenjancef macrumors regular

I have some workout videos in AVI format, and I wanted to get them into iTunes so I can stream them to my ATV3. I transcoded them with Handbrake to get them into iTunes, and I used the Apple TV 3 preset, and I DID NOT change any of the defaults. So when I move the file into iTunes and play it on my Mac directly from iTunes, all is good, audio and video are in sync. But when I play them on my ATV3, the audio and video is so out of sync that it's unwatchable. I have a HUGE movie collection in iTunes, and I've converted from AVI before, but never had this issue. It seems only these workout videos have a problem.

So why would it be only these videos, when every other video/movie works fine? I'm not sure what version Handbrake is, but I know it's the latest version, I always update it when it asks to.

Also, if I play the videos natively as an AVI without converting, the work fine, on my Mac and on 2 windows machines I have in the house.

Thoughts?

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

try using the aTV2 or even the ipad preset,the settings are a little different, but the end result should be about the same.
    I'm guessing your workout vids aren't high resolution to begin with, so the resolution of the final files will be the same.

it sounds like a frame rate issue, if trying the other presets don't work. try adjusting the frame rate, try "same as source" first.

----
    handbrake using the presets will not upscale your files, so if you have a low-res file like 480 (standard-def TV) or 720, even with the aTV3 preset, the end file will still be 480 or 720

3. Kenjancef thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! I will try that. Just seems weird because I've converted from AVI before, with no issues...