Audio sync problem in FCP7

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by pooman38, Oct 8, 2012.

1. pooman38 macrumors newbie

Sep 10, 2012
    Hi all! Thanks in advance. Here's my trouble at the moment... I have recorded an interview with two separate cameras - Canon 7D and Nikon D5000. I recorded audio through a nice condenser mic into Logic and will use that for audio. However, I am trying to sync the two videos right. I get them lined up, and they stay synced for maybe 30-45 seconds but then gradually get off. Now, I just checked the frame rates and realized one is 24fps and one is 23.98fps. I am guessing this is the problem? If so, is there a quick fix up for this? I have to do this a lot in the future, so I am wondering what the most efficient way is to do this. Thanks!
  2. Zwhaler, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012

Zwhaler macrumors 603

Jun 10, 2006
    See this thread below to conform footage from one rate to the other...

"if you need to CONFORM between these 2 frame rates

Open Cinema Tools
    File open your video clip
    Little button at bottom right of open file window says " conform" - Click it.
    choose 23.98.
    click OK."

If that doesn't fix it, then the cameras just aren't in sync which isn't really likely but possible nonetheless. In that case a simple retime would fix that issue. I haven't tried this for those specific frame rates myself so my apologies if this method doesn't work for you.