Audio sync problem in FCP7

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by pooman38, Oct 8, 2012.

1. pooman38 macrumors newbie

Hi all! Thanks in advance. Here's my trouble at the moment... I have recorded an interview with two separate cameras - Canon 7D and Nikon D5000. I recorded audio through a nice condenser mic into Logic and will use that for audio. However, I am trying to sync the two videos right. I get them lined up, and they stay synced for maybe 30-45 seconds but then gradually get off. Now, I just checked the frame rates and realized one is 24fps and one is 23.98fps. I am guessing this is the problem? If so, is there a quick fix up for this? I have to do this a lot in the future, so I am wondering what the most efficient way is to do this. Thanks!

2. Zwhaler, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012

Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

See this thread below to conform footage from one rate to the other...
    http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1080892

"if you need to CONFORM between these 2 frame rates

Open Cinema Tools
    File open your video clip
    Little button at bottom right of open file window says " conform" - Click it.
    choose 23.98.
    click OK."

If that doesn't fix it, then the cameras just aren't in sync which isn't really likely but possible nonetheless. In that case a simple retime would fix that issue. I haven't tried this for those specific frame rates myself so my apologies if this method doesn't work for you.