Audio update - did not work unfortunately

Discussion in 'macOS' started by eyebeaz, Jul 9, 2007.

1. eyebeaz macrumors 6502

Alright, I am one of the people who started hearing popping sounds with the 10.4.10 update every time audio was sent through the computer. I downloaded the update, and restarted and I am still having the same popping (I read the thread on here containing the update and a few others were still experiencing the popping after the update. I almost ALWAYS listen to music when using my computer, so this irritates me quite a bit. I am considering doing an archive and install with the discs that came with my computer, which I believe contains 10.4.8. It bothers me THAT much. What potential problems could doing this give me, and are there any big reasons why I shouild NOT do this? Thanks!

2. eyebeaz thread starter macrumors 6502

Are my threads that stupid that they get ignored completely? haha

3. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

If the update isnt working then is one of two things

Bad hardware or bad software. To eliminate one you can either download a combo update and reinstall 10.4.10 or reformat and reinstall the system....start fresh BUT before doing that you might wanna reset your PRAM by holding down Cmd+Opt+P+R before bootup to reset hardware

If these dont help then make that dreaded phone call to Apple.

4. doowrehs macrumors regular

Open Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup. In the 'Audio Devices' pane, find the 'Properties For' drop-down menu and select 'Built-in Output'. Next, on the lower right, you'll find a 'Format' drop-down menu. Whatever setting is currently selected there, change it to another, and then immediately change it back to '44100.0Hz'. While doing this, you'll probably hear a pop or two from your speakers, but after that your audio problems should be fixed.

5. eyebeaz thread starter macrumors 6502