Audio/video bookmarking with iPad/iPhone

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bendrucker, Dec 14, 2010.

1. bendrucker macrumors newbie

I come across a lot of interviews and video clips that I want to watch. They tend to be somewhere between 5 and 15 minutes. They're not TV show or video length. I'll often come across these clips in my RSS reader (Mac, iPhone, or iPad). I've been starring them in my RSS reader, but that forces me to watch them on my Mac, since a lot of the audio or video clips are wrapped in flash players. It would be easy enough to pull out an flv from these sites and convert it to an mp4 or find the actual mp3/mp4 that the flash wrapper is playing.

My problem at that point though is managing these files. I haven't found a good way to deal with these. What I need is something that does what Instapaper does for web articles, but for documents. iTunes doesn't really offer a good way to deal with assorted files. I can mark them as music/movies, but then they start cluttering the library and I need to manually delete them. Any ideas for how to do this? I'd need to easily get to all of the content via Mac, iPhone, or iPad and download things to the iPad and iPhone for offline viewing.

2. bendrucker thread starter macrumors newbie

I came up with a decent solution. I import things into iTunes and then classify them as iTunes U (podcast would work too) and set the album as "Saved." Not the most elegant, but it does a decent job. If anyone has any ideas for how to do what I want in a better way, I'm all ears.