Audio/Video falling out of sync FCE 4

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by CoLmes, Oct 21, 2011.

1. CoLmes macrumors newbie

Ok so here's the run down so you can get an idea of what I'm dealing with..

I'm trying to make a multitrack music video for youtube.

I recorded the audio on garageband with my external bluebird mic running through my m-audio. I have that as my master track and so far its only the melody and rhythm in there. I read somewhere where GB 09' records at 44 kHz and 24 bit rate. Couldn't find that anywhere on my GB though..

I am recording the video simultaneously with the iSight camera. I changed the audio input for my mac to my blue snowball usb microphone. Theoretically, that should make them both record at 44.1 kHz and be easier to line up.

I export the video into a quick time file.. Now I'ved tried share>movie, i've tried exporting as a quick time file too.. even going to the options and messing with stuff in there. (Currently have it as sound at 44.1 kHz and 24 bit and the frame rate for the vid is 24 bit..

THE PROBLEM
    so I line up the video audio with the GB audio and it starts off perfect but a few minutes down the road it goes off. I am ready to pull my hair out..

What am I doing wrong?

Also I never initally set up my Final Cut, what settings should it be on?

2. CoLmes thread starter macrumors newbie

This is what the vid looks like.. I kept the vid audio on as well so you could hear it go out of sync.. the beginning is pretty close but if you want to hear the madness skip to 3 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp0qJd7unK0

3. CoLmes thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone??

I looked at the info.. both the GB audio and vid are 44.1 kHz with 32bit floating point.. could that be it??