iPod touch Audiobook looses it's place

mrzippy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2003
Kent, UK
I found this mentioned inside a thread about iPod bugs, but noone followed up on it... Is it a well known bug?

I always power down my iPod after use, and the audiobook I am listening too always starts from the place it last synced from iTunes next time.

It's really, really annoying.

buddhahacker

macrumors member
May 6, 2006
Same issue with mine.

I found this mentioned inside a thread about iPod bugs, but noone followed up on it... Is it a well known bug?

I always power down my iPod after use, and the audiobook I am listening too always starts from the place it last synced from iTunes next time.

It's really, really annoying.

I have the same problem so it isn't something specific to you iTouch. If you find out a fix tell me.

SuperDaddy

macrumors member
May 21, 2007
Middle Earth
I wonder if the audiobook and shuffle both losing there place after a power-down has something to do with the fact that the Touch has a flash drive.

Could that be it?

tcoop25

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2007
Same problem here. Happens with my podcasts too. Audiobooks is the most annoying though. Apple, please fix this.

-TC

infectbda

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2004
Yeah, I've also noticed this. Sometimes it's fine, no problems, but other times, it just resets the time. I never had this issue with my iPod mini, so it's sort of disappointing. Hopefully it will be addressed in the next software update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.