Audiobook Oddness

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by liv2wrshp, Aug 7, 2012.

1. liv2wrshp macrumors member

I have a couple audiobooks synced to my iPhone on beta 4. The strange thing is that there is no more audiobook category in the music app, but if I do a spotlight search for it, the phone finds it and plays it in the music app.

I even put it in a playlist, but when I go to that playlist, it only lists the songs, and not the audiobook.

Strange huh?

2. TyShawn macrumors 6502

Just a small question at any point were you able to see the books summery? I am not able to see that info in IOS5

3. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Strange it was there for me an hour or two ago as I was listening to the new Dean Koontz on the way to work but now it has gone also.

4. liv2wrshp thread starter macrumors member

You can't find it if you search for the song in the music app, but if you search for it in spotlight, it'll find it and open it in the music app. Odd. Make me wonder what apple is up to... Add it to ibooks app?

5. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I reported this problem the day that beta-4 was released and at the time, the problem was only on my 4S not my iPhone 4.
    Today I opened the player on my 4 and now I'm seeing the same thing there as well -- no more audiobook category.
    Looks like the categories aren't hard coded but being served up by Apple's servers just like the App Store is able to change its look and features with no user interaction.
    I've also seen the Podcast category appear and diappear seemingly randomly.

6. garybUK Guest

garybUK

Do you only have iTunes store audiobooks on your device? I've been listening to audiobooks on my iPhone 4S (Beta 4) every day for the past month (Beta 3 before 4) and never had a problem..... My books are downloaded elsewhere.

7. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

None of my audiobooks are from the iTunes Store.
    All from other sources but they are correctly tagged as audiobooks.
    And I've been listening to them every day as well -- I just can't manually select them because there's no way to browse for them.
    The only options to browse by are Albums, Artists, Songs, Compilations, Composers, Genres, and Playlists.
    I have to use Siri or Spotlight Search in order to find them.

8. liv2wrshp thread starter macrumors member

Mine are all iTunes purchased.