Audiobooks not sorting correctly on iOS 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djuarez03, Aug 2, 2010.

1. djuarez03 macrumors regular

I'm having issues with audiobooks on my iPhone ever since I updated to iOS 4. I have a bunch of audiobooks that used to he sorted correctly by book when viewing on the iPhone. When I first synced my iPhone after updating, the audiobooks still showed ok, sorted by book. But after the 1st sync, the sorting of the audiobooks changed. Now, all of the individual chapters (all the individual files) are showing together without being sorted by their corresponding book. In iTunes, they are sorted/grouped together correctly, but on iOS 4, they audiobooks section is just one huge list of chapters, sorted by name alphabetically.

Anyone know how to fix this?

2. djuarez03 thread starter macrumors regular

So either I'm the only one who is having this issue, or no one has a fix for it. :(

3. cbronfman macrumors 6502

No problem here with Audiobook sortiong.

I don't have the problem - they sort perfectly. Do you have them in a separate folder on your phone? Mine are nicely sorted, by author with part 2 following part 1 like they should. I don't know what to suggest.

4. djuarez03 thread starter macrumors regular

I messed around with them a little bit in iTunes and found Sorting options under the "Get Info" option. I selected to sort them by Album Name, and when I re-synced, it seemed to sort everything out again like they should be. But I'm wondering if this will stick, becuase like I said before, after a re-sync, they seem to lose that particular sorting setting. We'll see...