Audiobooks not syncing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Indy89, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Indy89 macrumors member

I have all the Harry Potter books in audio form on iTunes and they used to sync just fine when they were in with my music. But then I found out how to categorise them as audiobooks and now they won't sync with my iPhone at all. I have tried putting them back as music but that doesn't work. I made a playlist but that doesn't appear in the list of playlists to sync. I have read that there is a audiobook checkbox in the book category when the iPhone is connected in iTunes but I have no such option on mine. I'm all out of ideas on how to sync these audiobooks. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

2. KLdpv macrumors newbie

Manual Solution

I couldn't get the sync to work but I copied the audiobook from the iTunes Library Book folder and pasted it in my device (iPhone) book folder. The paste function is not available using a RMC but if you go to the main menu and select Edit, paste is there. Then do a sync and the audiobook is now available through iPod Audiobooks.

3. Eze348 macrumors newbie

You should have the check button. Check all the tabs to see options to check. Curiously I synced my books but am not able to open them on my computer and only on the phone.