Audiobooks offline on AW? Could someone test it for me?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by primolabo, Nov 14, 2015.

1. primolabo macrumors member

primolabo

2. CobraPA macrumors 6502

The recent reviews are pretty terrible and I don't see any reviews that mention the watch app...

3. primolabo thread starter macrumors member

primolabo

the iphone app works just fine - I used it already. it's pretty much the same as my beloved audible.

the question is does it work offline on an apple watch.

4. artfossil macrumors 6502

artfossil

The only offline Watch listening is through a playlist synced from your phone to your Watch. (I have one.)

But my Audible files are in a proprietary format (.AA as I recall) and so I can't add them to an iTunes playlist.

I am sure there are ways to convert Audible files to MP3. :cool: Then you could add them to your Watch playlist.

But personally I don't mind having my phone within Bluetooth range (30 ft or so?) to listen to audiobooks on Bluetooth headphones and controlled via my Watch.

But, having expanded Watch content storage and access options, like audiobooks, is one of the few updates to the Watch I'd like to see.

5. primolabo thread starter macrumors member

primolabo

artfossil, I know it, but I want whispersync working for me all the time - so I need a dedicated app, not just content downloaded via itunes.

HAVE YOU TRIED THE SCRIBD APP?

could someone check it for me PLEASE?

6. artfossil macrumors 6502

artfossil

Scribd is proprietary content. How would that help get content onto your Watch when there is, AFAIK, only one way to do that?