Audiobooks

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by hafr, Nov 24, 2013.

1. hafr macrumors 68030

So... With iOS 7 music app being the POS that it is, has anyone been able to find an app that can play audiobooks that are already on the phone?

Main functions I'm after is the ability to have the player stop after each chapter, create a playlist and the app knowing where I stopped listening the last time.

2. adammgaines macrumors member

http://www.pixiapps.com/blog/

Not sure if this has those specific functions but it is a great music alternative. They are currently working on Ecoute 2 and they have a Mac app.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I'm not sure if this will help with what you're looking for, but I use Audible in conjunction with Amazon Kindle books.

4. Rigby macrumors 601

Do you know if this app makes the chapters in audiobooks accessible again? I really miss this functionality in the crappy iOS 7 stock app. :(

5. hafr thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks for the tip, it's a great app. But I can't see the play-banner at the bottom, so I can't really go through the app properly :) do you happen to know if it's iOS 7 that breaks it?

I guess I'll just wait for Ecoute 2, they said it's gonna be a free upgrade :)