iPod Audiobooks

skunk

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
As an iPod n00b, is there a way to pause in the middle of a track and have the iPod pick up where it left off next time? With Audiobooks having such large "tracks" it can be very tedious having to relocate the right spot.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
skunk said:
As an iPod n00b, is there a way to pause in the middle of a track and have the iPod pick up where it left off next time? With Audiobooks having such large "tracks" it can be very tedious having to relocate the right spot.
It should do it automatically - mine always does. :confused:

skunk

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
Thanks, but I think what Mrs Skunk is after - mind you, it's always a bit of a mystery - is to be able to mark the track somehow, so she can return to that spot after doing all kinds of other techno things, like listening to music and stuff, in between. I suppose you'd have to do that in iTunes or QTPro or something, though, would you?

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
It should do that without a problem. Assuming she doesn't want to listen to more of the track, then go back to her previous spot, she's fine. I often listen to audiobooks, jump over to a video or a music playlist, then jump back to the audiobook again. It should keep your place, much like it does for videos. Sadly, for some odd reason it doesn't with music though...ah well.

balamw

Staff member
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Depends what you mean by Audiobooks, most of the ones you download from iTMS or Audible, as well as podcasts, are already "bookmarkable" and remember the position you last listened to.

To enable this for files you ripped yourself (i.e. a CD rip of an Audiobook, or even music), you just hit Get Info and check the box that says "Remember playback position".

B

UnixMage

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2006
In the PC version of itunes

Right click on the entry in question
select "Get Info"
then select the "Options Tab"

Make sure "Remember playback position" is checked.

then you should be able to play any other track in your library and come back to the same position. (NOTE: If you purchased this Audiobook from Itunes or Audible etc this is the default behavior). If you ripped from your CD's you need to follow this procedure.

I assume there is something similar in the mac version.