Audioengine A2 with Logitech Bluetooth Speaker Adapter

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by DragonJade, Jul 8, 2012.

1. DragonJade macrumors 6502

I'm just about to pick up the Audioengine A2s and wondered how they would sound with the Logitech Bluetooth speaker adapter. I've heard some people mention that the quality of the sound drops. Given that the A2s are fairly decent at sound production, I wonder if the quality drop would be more pronounced as I'd guess most people who buy the adapter are just using cheapo speakers.

Thanks.

2. hempcamp macrumors member

If you don't want to invest in Audioengine's own wireless speaker solution (the W3), you could just pick up an Airport Express (old, new or used), then you can use AirPlay to play music to your A2 speakers. The A2 speakers are amazing (I feed them with my AppleTV).

3. DragonJade thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the feedback.

The W3s are a bit out of my price range, unfortunately. I was only interested in the Logitech as a bit of fun as they were a cheap(ish) £23. The Airplay Extreme is a great idea, but don't think I need all the bells, whistles and price tag. But who knows. I could pick up a new Extreme for around £60 when I go abroad in 6 weeks, or an A1088 off ebay. Decisions, decisions.

I can't wait to get the A2s. I was going to go for the Creative T40s, but I though hell with it. The price jump from £76 to £140 is a big one, so spending as little as possible on anything else is a good thing.