Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teaguecole

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2009
Hey,

I found this product and I was wondering if anyone has used this product or found anything similar to it (link below). It is a set of powered speakers that has an outlet in the back that you could plug in your airport express and stream music through wifi from your computer. It also has a usb port to charge your iPhone or play music from it. It pretty much can go anywhere. My other alternative would be something similar to an iHome but better speakers and an aux out so I can plug it in my airport express. I really just want something compact and movable. The link to the speakers is below. Give me your opinion or any suggestions, or other products I should look at.

http://www.audioengineusa.com/a5_home.php

T-Stex

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2006
Pennsylvania
Someone sold a set of these recently in the Marketplace. You could find the thread and ask the owner. I think they look nice, but also that they're probably a lot of money for what you get. Similar to Bose, I think you're paying extra for the form factor and convenience. If you're okay with the premium, I think it's a good product.

teaguecole

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2009
Could you send me a link to where you are talking about so I can ask about the Audioengine?

xerikx

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2007
Someone sold a set of these recently in the Marketplace. You could find the thread and ask the owner. I think they look nice, but also that they're probably a lot of money for what you get. Similar to Bose, I think you're paying extra for the form factor and convenience. If you're okay with the premium, I think it's a good product.

This is backwards. It's a great price for a great pair of speakers that features many audiophile components at an affordable price.

Boss is a rip off because it's a crappy product.

iondot

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2008
I have them...

I did quite a bit of comparison of these speakers to similar options and these were by far the best option. Having lived with them for half a year, they really are a treat to listen to.

Well worth the money, I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.