Audioengine A5's

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by BigRedOne, May 20, 2009.

1. BigRedOne macrumors regular

i have been listening to my new Audioengine A5's for around 16 hours and all's i can say is "wow". These speakers are very nice. Probably more then I need for the room size that I have but so what. I have the volume on the low end and if I go half way up it is becomes way too loud, although the sound stays very crisp and clear. When my wife goes to work tomorrow these baby's are going past the mid way point.

These speakers cost, but they are very much worth the price. Right now I have them around 6 foot apart and they sound great. Tomorrow I will spread them apart even more and play around with them some more to see if I can improve on an already good thing. I am playing them off my iPod right now but when my Airport Express gets in, I will play them off my iMac. I suspect the sound will be just as good as it sounds now. However, I will report back if the sound is anything other then great to my ears when they are hooked to my iMac.

If you are looking for a 2.0 speakers, these Audioengine's are nice. No base station but I assure you, the station will not be missed with these speakers. I'm listening to Santana's Jingo rock and the drums sound amazing.

2. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

Good to hear you like them! I am seriously considering the A2s, hope to own them soon.

3. BigRedOne thread starter macrumors regular

I probably should have purchased the A2's as well. But I wanted the portability of using my iPod out in the back yard for parties and such. I suspect you will be very happy with the A2's. Let us know what you think of them when you get them.

4. brentsg macrumors 68040

I got some A5's to use with my computer, but they were simply too nice for that application and as such they got moved to my "gaming TV". Now I still need computer speakers... may pick up some A2's.