Audire - examine your hearing with iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by emilija, May 12, 2012.

1. emilija macrumors newbie

[​IMG]
    Hi!
    Let me introduce my app - Audire.
    I'm a polish female developer (!) yeah we can do it too! :eek:
    I have made a audiometer for :apple:iPhone, iPodTouch and iPad. It's an application which allows You to check out the state of your hearing. The test contains tones of different frequencies and amplitude. You can try it with your family or friends and determine who has the best hearing!

The mission of the app is to make you know if something is wrong with your hearing. If you hasn't visited a doctor recently, take a second and test it with Audire!

[​IMG]
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audire/id509955196?mt=8

developer: Emilia Dominiak
    Price: FREE until 01.06.2012
    Description:
    Audire is an application which enables you to investigate in an easy and pleasant way your ability to hear.
    The only thing you need is iPod Touch and iPhone with earphones connected.
    Just after a couple of minutes, you get the result in form of a chart and a short description.
    During the test, tones of different frequencies and amplitude are generated.
    When you hear the sound, you press the button like in an ordinary audiometer.
    Have you ever had a feeling, that the surrounding world around you gets quieter?

If that is the case, always have this application ready within a reach of hand!

2. hollanr macrumors newbie

question about Audire functionality

Dear Emilia:
    I am a physician opening a medical office hoping to avoid the purchase of a $800 audiometer simply used for screening, and your app seemed as hopeful as any of the (strangely) few competitors I saw, especially since it is as-yet unreviewed. While I have not yet tested it vs a "clinical" audiometer, I see no reason why it could not be nearly as accurate if properly calibrated. My main concern: every time I ran the test, sound was produced in both earphones - and we are, of course, told to run the test twice to "test both ears." I run a new iPhone 4s with updated software, through the original headphones. Am I missing something, or is this a program glitch?
    Many thanks for your insights...
    Buzz