Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thevoice

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Recently in Adobe audition cc I've noticed after recording audio in multitracks the audio plays back slower then the speed I recorded them in. The only thing new on my system is my microphone which is plugged into my USB port on my macbook pro.

Anyone else experience this and any solutions?

Ben Kei

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2002
London UK
Recently in Adobe audition cc I've noticed after recording audio in multitracks the audio plays back slower then the speed I recorded them in. The only thing new on my system is my microphone which is plugged into my USB port on my macbook pro.

Anyone else experience this and any solutions?

I'd say that you're recording at a higher quality than you're playing back.
My default, playback will be at 44.1khz, if you're trying to playback a 96khz, or 88.2khz, 48khz etc.. file without conversion, it'll play slower as it reads the information at your playback rate of 44.1khz.

Check the driver for the USB mic and either set the recording to 16-bit 44.1khz, or check the playback in Audition and change that to the same resolution that the microphone is recording in.

If you're just playing back from your built in sound card, you'll probably need to keep everything at 16-bit, 44.1khz as the card won't handle anything higher than that. (actually might handle 24-bit but if you're then planning to put onto CD for example, the audio will need to be converted down to 16-bit 44.1khz anyway)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.