August 07 13.3 Macbook White LCD screen.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by brapmac740, Jun 24, 2011.

1. brapmac740 macrumors member

brapmac740

Ended up cracking the LCD screen. Went to Amazon, purchased for 95 bucks shipped. Replaced the screen last night:

Besides connecting the inverter blindly to the lcd clip, it was fairly easy. But here is my new dilemma.

I started it back up, screen works great and I'm stuck at the Apple boot screen with the circular load icon spinning furiously for the past 10 minutes. Before the screen install it would fire up in 10 seconds.

I'm wondering if I should just charge the battery in full, then restart computer. Has anyone else come across this problem when changing the screen? I'm not getting the beachball of death, it's just the grey apple and the load spinner.

Being an output device I don't understand why she won't boot. I've never had any problems with hardware issues with this mac in the past.

So...any suggestions from you guru's out there?

2. brapmac740 thread starter macrumors member

brapmac740

LOL.

She booted up, I just kept restarting. Finally she booted!

But now the battery won't charge. My power cord magnet is green, even though the battery is dead. Status bar tells me Not charging. Before the lcd replacement I had 93% life on the battery. I doubt it's the battery...

Anybody ever have these type of things after lcd swaps? Sorry to be a nag, just looking for helpful tips.

Thanks.

3. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

Coincidence.

The two have nothing to do with each other.

Unless you turned the machine on and off without hitting shut down, because you couldn't see shut down, it is a coincidence.