August 22nd...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Muncher, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

I know this is a stretch, but apple usually likes to announce its products at once; if they're releasing the iphone in 20 new countries, maybe they'll announce the new ipod touch as well? We know it's coming, it's just a matter of time. :p

2. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

i dunno, it might happen but i dont know if apple wants to mix the iphone/ipod touch pools..

3. dark-saito macrumors regular

I personally don't get what all this talk is about a new iPod Touch :\ Not much at all changed from the original iPhone to the 3G, save the 3G of it all and iPhone 2.0 along with the back of the phone of course. Taking that into consideration, the oly LOGICAL thing they could do is add speakers, vloume buttons and a new back. But at that point all the iPod would be lacking is a Phone. Let's see now... ipod with phone that i have to pay $60+ dollars a month... OR... ipod that has everything BUT the phone for one payment? It's obvious which would be chosen, and Apple wouldn't want to interfere with the iPhone success by making a new touch that is like it IN EVERY WAY except the phone. Bad business for ya :p

4. Muncher thread starter macrumors 65816

Muncher

Alright, assuming the ipod one time payment and the iphone payments total to roughly the same. But then everyone has a phone, and the person with the touch would still be paying monthly payments for a separate phone, making the iphone much cheaper.

I see your point though.

5. dark-saito macrumors regular

Okay yeah, the ipod tocuh is now more expensive than the iphone but i'll take the 8 GIG iphone plus the 60 basic plan for one year just as an example. 200+ 12(60)= 920$ Now i'll take my phone that i got for 50 bucks (moto krzr or something like that) and my plan thats 30 bucks for the same thing (also at&t) i get with the basic iphone plan for one year. 50+ 12(30)= 410. That leaves me enough room to get a 32 gig for ten dollars less than buying an EIGHT gig iphone. SO the expensive price of the touch eventualy pays for itself :\