AUP, getting phone late...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appygirl82, Aug 14, 2017.

1. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

I am part of the AUP (2 phones) for a few years now. I've always been able to attempt to get my phone at launch.

This year, around end of Sept/early Oct I will be closing on my current house and buying my new house being built. So anyone that knows buying/selling knows I won't be able to make any financial moves during that time.

So it's looking like it'll likely be into October before I could trade in our phones for the new ones. I foresee the iPhone 8 being rediculously backordered as usual. Would I get any sort of priority being on the AUP even though I'll be trying to trade much later than launch?? How will the payments on my current phone work? Will it put me behind for trade-in next year now and so on?...

2. KRG macrumors regular

KRG

You'd keep making payments until you trade the phone, yes. Just like a car payment. They'll reimburse your last payment when you trade for the new phone, so you don't make two payments in the same month, but you won't get any free months of phone useage. If you don't get the phone at launch, you'll probably be out of sync for next year because you would not be eligable to trade until 12 months have passed. I doubt they'll be back ordered for that long though. You'd prob just be a month off. You could buyout your current iPhone an sell it on your own to get yourself out of the upgrade program this year, then opt back in on launch day next year. I don't know if any other option.

3. appygirl82 thread starter macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

In theory that I'm not able to upgrade until October due to my situation, I agree that now I'll be off schedule for an upgrade next year. I could in that situation make an additional payment on my phones next year to be able to upgrade on time right?

I might also switch carriers this year, so hopefully that all works out smoothly! Hopefully the darn phones don't end up on months of backorder. If you think about it, anyone in the AUP having to wait long periods of time for their upgrade will end up screwing up the timeline for people?!