AUP & Sim-Free

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by invenoveritas, Oct 14, 2016.

1. invenoveritas macrumors newbie

Does anyone know how one could go about joining AUP and getting a Sim-Free phone? Not a Verizon phone but a Sim-free phone. I know its pedantic but thought somebody here would probably know. I chatted with an Apple agent and they said AUP wasn't available with Sim-Free but maybe someone has had a different in-store experience since Sim-Free has come available. Also says activation is required with AUP in the footnotes but maybe store reps aren't enforcing that?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

iUP is only available on the AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile/Verizon iPhones.

Out of curiously, why does it need to be SIM free? It's the same as the Sprint/Verizon model except for the missing SIM card and the included ejector tool.

3. invenoveritas thread starter macrumors newbie

My situation is: 1) I'd like to use AUP, 2) I have a T-Mobile account, 3) I don't want to enroll in AUP with T-Mobile activated Phone that is GSM only. I mean if I thought I could enroll with AUP using T-Mobile and get a Verizon phone, I'd do that but don't think they'll do that. I'm actually surprised they don't do AUP with Sim-free, I mean it makes me wonder if there is some sort of incentive/agreement between Apple and those 4 carriers.

4. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

They will only sell you a Verizon or Sprint model on the AiUP if you have an active Verizon or Sprint account.

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

That's a pretty good reason. Thanks for the explanation!

6. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

I don't think they do that but you could ask them.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 14, 2016 ---
    The SIM free was just released today. They may do that in the future. I would keep checking with Apple on that.