Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MVApple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
I was looking throught he app store and came across this game. It's gotten pretty good reviews but several people are accusing the developer of sniffing through your contacts and sending off the information somewhere.

Are the allegations true? I find it hard to believe Apple would allow an app that can sniff through your contacts and send off your information.

moopf

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2008
United Kingdom
There was a rumpus about Aurora Feint, but it was a while ago. They were going through contacts for something to do with the game (inviting friends or something), but I can't remember exactly what now. They changed the way it worked, as far as I know, and that problem is no longer there. Do some searches on this forum and I'm sure you'll come up with some threads about it.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
If you did a search, you would find that the first version of the game would send unencrypted info to their servers *if you chose to go online with the community function* and would tell you whether friends were also playing.

It only affected those who chose the community function, but has long since been fixed, and hasn't been an issue since July. One of the developers came here to explain and apologize, and they've also been very public about the mistake, the fix, and the apology.

Lockie

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2008
This is a perfect example of the outdated comment system. Hopefully this will change soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.