Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyjam

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I am sure the US will have a lot more stock..

22.68 million AU population
313.9 USA population..

You've got a hell of a lot more people competing for stock though, and it will be spread more thinly across a wider range of outlets. More stock doesn't mean it'll be easier to get your hands on.

cfc4ever

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
Do you believe that Perth City will have Space Black models in stock by the afternoon?

I don't know, but gold no and from the way the rep was talking they don't have much at all, but it was mainly about the lack of gold stock

NotAdvisable

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2011
Perth, Australia
I don't know, but gold no and from the way the rep was talking they don't have much at all, but it was mainly about the lack of gold stock

That's disconcerting...

So what you're sitting outside of the Perth City Apple Store right now and there's an Apple Rep talking to you at 12:30am? Wowza.

cfc4ever

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
I am sure the US will have a lot more stock..

22.68 million AU population
313.9 USA population..

Australia also has one of the highest up takes of smartphones in the world by proportion of population. Apple also can sell it for a higher price here and they can still sell it. Generally on previous launches based on the forum posts it was easier to get one here than in the US, so if that trend flows, you might want to line up

----------

That's disconcerting...

So what you're sitting outside of the Perth City Apple Store right now and there's an Apple Rep talking to you at 12:30am? Wowza.

Yep, came out pretty much straight after the store went live, so I think they may have been waiting for that to give another option and it was also officially launch day. Says we can expect an update at 3am (2 hrs and a bit away)

NotAdvisable

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2011
Perth, Australia
Yep, came out pretty much straight after the store went live, so I think they may have been waiting for that to give another option and it was also officially launch day. Says we can expect an update at 3am (2 hrs and a bit away)

Alright cheers. Sorry for all the questions :S

Just quickly, iPhone 5S / C sales start 9am our time; right? Thanks mate.

jtp098

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Purchase
Australia also has one of the highest up takes of smartphones in the world by proportion of population. Apple also can sell it for a higher price here and they can still sell it. Generally on previous launches based on the forum posts it was easier to get one here than in the US, so if that trend flows, you might want to line up

That's cause it is a small population.. I am ok waiting 1 month for the phone to ship rather then wasting my time in line.. I doubt it will be that long here though..

jtp098

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Purchase
You've got a hell of a lot more people competing for stock though, and it will be spread more thinly across a wider range of outlets. More stock doesn't mean it'll be easier to get your hands on.

Very good point.. But also a lot more stock. either way it will be a crap shoot like always. and worse then last year.

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
I think the Australian experience suggests US delivery at best will be 3-5 at the outset. Clearly whatever phones produced to this point were intended for stores (Apple and carrier). So online orders will be fulfilled by phones being produced now. So naturally by the time it gets sent from Shenzen or wherever, it is going to be a while.

jtp098

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Purchase

----------

looks like no need to wait in line. delivering next friday :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.