Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tmanto02

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2011
Australia
To the Aussies out there, how will you go about getting your iphone 6 on launch?

When the iphone 5 was announced I renewed my telstra contract and pre ordered the phone online, then recieved it on the day it was released. Hoping they have the are system this year.

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
I have a two-year with Telstra, so I always get the *S free but buy the first release outright and then just sell my other device to get some of the money back. I'm hoping they do a pre-order so I can just buy outright this year

laudern

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Outright is the best way. And then get a $20 plan such as TPG. No lock in contracts and you can switch and choose your plan as you please.

iOz

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2014
I will but directly from Apple. Could care less about it being unlocked, been with Apple for 20 + years.

But then I am not down under.

So in other words your post has no purpose here. What does not caring about unlocked or locked and being with Apple for 20 + years have to do with this thread.

tmanto02

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2011
Australia
Outright is the best way. And then get a $20 plan such as TPG. No lock in contracts and you can switch and choose your plan as you please.

No way i'd spend a grand on a phone then go with TPG who doesnt offer 4G

----------

Contract with Telstra. Switching away from Optus.

Well it's a good time to switch to Telstra, read today that they will match Optus's early exit fee subsidy but also wave the $10/m "new phone feeling" fee for upgrading ever 12m as opposed to 24m

laudern

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
No way i'd spend a grand on a phone then go with TPG who doesnt offer 4G

Living in rural qld, 4G is nothing but a distant future for me. Having said that, I couldn't imagine i'd be constantly downloading large enough files to warrant a faster connection on my iPhone. Considering videos i play off my iPhone while on 3G very rarely, if ever have to pause for buffer...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.