Austin TX Ipad2s

Discussion in 'iPad' started by a2rob, Mar 18, 2011.

1. a2rob macrumors newbie

I will be rolling through Austin this afternoon.
    Anyone have any sighting on an ATT 32 or 64 black?

Called the App store at the mall and expect no shipments..:confused:

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

3. kash04 macrumors newbie

kash04

actually the popup store has them instock

4. gigaguy, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011

gigaguy macrumors 65816

5. kash04 macrumors newbie

kash04

there was a thread on here about someone just walking in and picking one up yesterday

6. a2rob thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm searching for that thread LOL

7. gwen1o macrumors member

gwen1o

To clarify: The pop-up store (as well as some other ATX locations) have had iPad 2s this week, but I believe they are all either wi-fi only or Verizon 3g. I was at the pop-up store at opening twice earlier this week and was told they didn't have ATT in stock. ATT iPad 2's are very scare here, as they are everywhere else.

There is no customer phone number at the pop-up store, you have to go and take your chances. SXSW makes parking very difficult, so allow plenty of time.

8. gigaguy macrumors 65816

I work across the bridge, makes sense what you are saying.
    Yesterday, I just decided to order an ATT at apple and wait.

9. blast69 macrumors newbie

I'm here. I want the 64. I may skip the 3G this time around but it'd be nice to have. When does the pop up open? This is my first day here.

10. gigaguy macrumors 65816

it opened last Fri and closes when SXSW is over. 2 weeks I guess.

11. gwen1o macrumors member

gwen1o

I believe they open at noon.

12. elan123 macrumors 6502

not for long...

13. rkahl macrumors 65816

They're open 12pm-5pm (Fri, Sat, and Sun). Line is already forming.

14. gwen1o macrumors member

gwen1o

Anybody there at opening please let us know what they have! I really believe this location is the best shot at getting an iPad 2 in Austin.

15. whiskeyred macrumors regular

Just got back form downtown pop-up store they have all wi-fi models, plenty of stock while i was there, minimal wait, no 3g models

16. iplaydee macrumors newbie

Do they have a number you can call? I hate to drive down there and they don't have anymore in stock.

On topic, I waited in line outside the Apple Store at the Domain. I got there 30min before 9am, and was 24th in line. Snagged a white 16GB Wifi Ipad 2. I'll probably be doing same tomorrow morning.

17. whiskeyred macrumors regular

Downtown pop-up store does not have a direct line. Hours are from 12-5p, today I believe they are open until 6p

18. iPad 2nd Gen macrumors regular

I was in line at that store, 2 car lengths from the entrance. I waited a long time.

19. jeffu macrumors member

Scalpers are Here!!!!

Just FYI, waiting at the Domain and right after I got here this guy shows up with his "crew" and starts telling them what to buy. He has also made a deal with the security guard for the guard to call him each day when people show up. He is this really smarmy young Asian with a Louie Vitton (sp?) cover and a hat on sideways. Really, I'm not stereotyping, but this is just wrong and Apple should be ashamed for not doing a thing to stop it.

Really don't like scalpers!

20. blast69 macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone on here. I got the 64gb black wifi only at apple pop up shop yesterday. I haven't had anytime to post on here with SXSW, which is crazy as heck.

Anyway, I'm across the street again and the pop up shop just opened. There was a line today. Apparently, they have more in stock. Yesterday they had no 3G at all and I think they were out of 16.I got 1 green and 1 orange cover cause we don have those in SF either. Anyway, as soon as I get the hot spot stuff figured out I should be good to go.

21. Akack macrumors 6502a

Any person that wears a hat on sideways is swarmy.

Anyhow, walked into the sxsw popup store on my lunch break last tues and all they had were 64gb wifi only, black or white. Bought the black one, in and out in 10 mins. Gl.

22. rritterson macrumors 6502

Bet they are sending a crap ton to SXSW since a lot of opinion/mindshare leaders are at the conference and they don't want all of them to have trouble buying an ipad at the same time (bad press)

23. gus6464 macrumors regular

The Austin pop up store always seems to have them in stock. Walked in last Saturday in the afternoon after getting mine on Friday and they were readily available with no lines. The only model that are super scarce are the ATT ones.

24. IpadMania macrumors regular

Any update from sxsw store on inventory and lines right now? Anyone know when they close this store for good? SXSW ends tomorrow.

25. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Just drove by there, no lines, lots of people mulling in and out tho. Parking was too hard .