Australia address help :)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by radiogoober, Mar 7, 2012.

1. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Hi all

Sorry to post this here, but it says anything goes. I'm trying to mail something to Australia, and this is the address I have:

426 Docklands Drive,
    Docklands, Victoria, 3008
    Australia

I want to use UPS, because the United States Postal Service has already lost my shipment once. The problem is that it will not accept this as a valid address.

My question:

1. What is Melbourne? Is it a city? Is Docklands in Melbourne, or is a suburb of Melbourne?

2. What is the correct way to write that address above?

Thank you very kindly

2. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Docklands is an inner-city suburb within the larger city of Melbourne, Australia.

Melbourne is the second largest city in Australia, and is the capital of Victoria province. Geographically its located on the far southeastern tip of the continent, directly above the island of Tasmania (another Australian province.) Melbourne itself is quite a large city (about 4.5 million population.)

The post code for Docklands is indeed 3008, so I would say that the address you have is correct, or at least good enough to get your package delivered if you were using the mail service. The fact that UPS is rejecting the address suggests to me that their computer system is expecting you to put "Melbourne" in the city box. Try that.

3. radiogoober thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you very kindly for the information. Using what you said, I re-looked it up on UPS. For the postal code 3008, it changes the city to "Waterfront." Does this sound appropriate?

4. radiogoober thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just Google-ed it and saw it's basically the same.

Thank you for the previous help, I will be able to send the package now.

5. Ishmumrhmn macrumors regular

You shouldn't post someone's address like this in a public forum. Try Messaging people next time.

Who knows what people have in their minds these days?