Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ImperialX

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Saw one for the UK, so I thought why not make one for us Aussies?

It's already October 7th here but Pre-Orders have not started...if we assume that Pre-Orders start at 12AM PST, that means we still have to wait 17~18 more hours!

Of course, this is for us getting it unlocked from the Online Store. For those of us waiting for a plan, which carrier do you see yourself going with?

I'm pretty pumped for it! 6PM can't come fast enough. :D

WytRaven

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
Orbiting Mercury
Yeah I just checked the site myself to see if perhaps we got to go at 12:01, but alas no... Would be nice to know definitively when the time is so I don't half kill myself staying up waiting...

I didn't think I would be but I'm actually quite excited now :eek:

caazz

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2011
I'm still tossing up between Optus and Telstra. Pay a little more and get good reception or get more included credit but crapola reception?

Leaning towards Telstra just so I can actually use it as a phone (I live in a terrible reception area for Optus) but I'm waiting to see what the plans look like before making any final decisions. I've survived this long on Optus reception so I can withstand a little more if the Telstra plans are crazy expensive.

kimlo

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2010
**** I dont' get home till about 6:15 :(

I want to pre-order so badly.

RIP Steve. I didn't want an iPhone 4S initially but I'm buying one just to remember him.

ImperialX

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
So yeah, the online store still doesn't have preorders up yet. Is anyone going to try using the phone? I'm pretty sure you can since it is Oct 7th.

kimlo

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2010
My iPhone says Ships: Ships by October 14th

Although it's still in processing so I guess that might change.

When it says BY Oct 14th, does that mean I'll get it on the 14th, or it will ship from the 14th,, so I'll get it 2-3 days after that.

ahbdesign

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Anyone knows when the plans will be out for optus and telstra?

My iPhone says Ships: Ships by October 14th

Although it's still in processing so I guess that might change.

When it says BY Oct 14th, does that mean I'll get it on the 14th, or it will ship from the 14th,, so I'll get it 2-3 days after that.

Ships by Oct 14th means it'll ship out of China. So it'll take a few days after that to get it

alexpja

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2010
Anyone knows when the plans will be out for optus and telstra?

Ships by Oct 14th means it'll ship out of China. So it'll take a few days after that to get it

You sure it's out of China? Just wondering.. I know they're made in China but the package comes all American-spiffy o;

Anyway, I wish you Aussies good luck :3 (I'd get the damn iPhone if it was on T-Mobile USA, no luck for me)

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
You sure it's out of China? Just wondering.. I know they're made in China but the package comes all American-spiffy o;

Anyway, I wish you Aussies good luck :3 (I'd get the damn iPhone if it was on T-Mobile USA, no luck for me)

Made, packaged, polished and shipped worldwide out of China.

kimlo

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2010
I see a lot of people in the American threads saying they'll GET it on the 14th though... I really hope I get it before the weekend.

lilpete

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2011
Australia
definitely go telstra. I switched over from 3 (worst experience of my life) and compared to that telstra is incredible. My girlfriend uses optus and it isn't bad around town, but anywhere beyond that is pretty awful.

If you really can't decide just ask siri?

WytRaven

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
Orbiting Mercury
Mine's awesome. It says it "Dispatches in Ships by October 14th". So mine is coming via several large boats?? I'll be lucky to get it by end of November!! ;)

My experience of Apple in Australia and pre-ordering (iPad 1) is that you will get it on release day. In general you get things from Apple earlier rather than later. Just another little thing that makes Apple so different from most other companies.

Attachments

• Oddness.jpg
    Oddness.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
Mine's awesome. It says it "Dispatches in Ships by October 14th". So mine is coming via several large boats?? I'll be lucky to get it by end of November!! ;)

My experience of Apple in Australia and pre-ordering (iPad 1) is that you will get it on release day. In general you get things from Apple earlier rather than later. Just another little thing that makes Apple so different from most other companies.

Hahaha lmao. Mine still says Processing from Apple Australia.

Attachments

• apple.jpg
    apple.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 38

ImperialX

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Tokyo, Japan

Did your iPad show "Ships by [Day 1]" or "Delivered by [Day 1]"? There is big difference lol.

evilblob

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hey, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we Aussies get it first, based on time zones?

I'm waiting for Telstra to announce plans though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.