Australian iPhone in Canada - AppleCare?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by teknikal90, Dec 24, 2014.

1. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

So...
    I was in Australia in September and in a whim decided to join the line up and bought an iPhone 6 unlocked.
    I also bought AppleCare+ because the sales person told me that the warranty is 'worldwide'!

Awesome! I thought....

So yesterday I asked the genius in Canada for a phone replacement - numerous issues, not relevant - they told me they cant! That's because the 'iPhone version' that I have is different to the model number of the Canadian iPhones and so if I want a replacement I have to wait for them to order it in.

Is this utter BS?

If one day I drop my iPhone and it dies - I'd have to wait weeks before they get a replacement iPhone in for me... Anyone have any insight?

I don't get it - isn't the iPhone a world phone and so should be replaceable anywhere??

Thanks

2. Paco II macrumors 65816

If I understand you correctly, Apple Store rep told you they can swap out your phone, but since they don't have the specific model you bought in stock, since it is not a model they sell in Canada, they have to order one. That doesn't sound that strange. Wouldn't you want an exact replacement of what you bought?

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Next time I'd get one from the country you live at in order to avoid issues like this.
    But since he told you he can order one then go for that.
    Or you can just sell it since its unlocked and buy an unlocked version from Canada.