Australian iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paperpeace, Dec 17, 2007.

1. paperpeace macrumors newbie

Right, forgive me if you've all gone over this already but:
    I was wondering if there were any sites etc that any of you know of that hold rumors/facts about the aus release of the iPhone. I realise that no one really cares about us all the way down here but if any of you knew ANYTHING
    that'd be great!

hah
    pp

2. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

you could buy one thats unlcoked and trusted. Try freeit4less.com they sell unlocked iphones that your dont have to worry about and they ship worldwide try them out.

3. illuminous macrumors member

I'm so with you on that. Been waiting for that announcement of the iPhone release in Australia for aaaaages. I guess it is resonable to assume it won't happen until a 3G version comes out. I'm tempted to buy an unlocked iPhone, but just can't decide. Maybe someone can answer my questions....

If I buy an unlocked one from overseas, and the iPhone is released in Australia, how easy will it be to lock it again to the network that supplies them here eventually?

....And also what features of the iPhone won't work if I'm using it unlocked on an Australian carrier.

4. nlivo macrumors 6502a

I have always wondered, if I get an unlocked iPhone, will its Internet features work through edge? Like on telstra or something? Or does the iPhones Internet only work through wi-fi?

5. illuminous macrumors member

Anyone out there in Australia using an unlocked iPhone???? tell us how well it is working!!!!