Australian Launch Is Turning Into a Farce

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LiveForever, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiveForever macrumors 6502

I and millions of Australians probaly want the iphone but we have been let down by Telstra and Vodafone. Optus at least have announced their prices but it seems a Mexican Standoff has developed with the other two, both waiting to the last possible second before they announce their prices.
    Vodafone put up their plans then they pull them down and say they need tweak the prices.

All Three telcos asked us to register our interest Optus at least said we could put down a deposit and have probably come out the best and stuck to their word.

Telstra and Vodafone have been appaling and I think lost customers because of their complete disregard to their potential users.

What are we suppose to do on Friday. I know how much Optus will charge but there is no way I'm turning up at 6am on Friday at a Telstra or Vodafone store and hand over Any amount of money. They haven't told us how much they will be.

I haven't seen any iphone TV ads and rumours are Australia will get a handful of iphones. I think the launch will be half arsed here.

I will get one but probaly not for a few weeks yet.

Voadfone and Telstra are pathetic.

2. venusian macrumors member

whole heartedly agree ... those plans announced today better not be real otherwise i'll have to become a hypocrite and head to optus and telstra which i vowed I'd never do!
    It's really poor customer service particularly existing customers for the "direct sales team" not to follow up after that one welcome email.
    where as for telstra: this behaviour doesn't surprise me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.