Australian Launch: "Ships March 16-22"

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hellomoto4, Mar 8, 2012.

1. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Would love for someone to shed some light on this tidbit. Upon ordering an iPad 3, Australians are quoted a delivery date of "March 16-22." Clearly, there is a fair gap present and it would be disappointing to recieve my iPad on March 22 (almost a week after launch). Thus, I am wondering if Apple has done this sort of thing before for other products? If so, when did these products actually ship and arrive?

I'm hoping that this date range is simply a buffer in case the mail is temporarily lost etc, and that I actually get my iPad next Friday!

Thanks for your input as always :apple:

2. thats nice macrumors member

This was the same for my Singapore store order.

Since I don't want to run the risk of not getting it on launch day I figured I'll go buy it from a reseller.

On MacTalk there was a chart showing the regions of Australia, depending which region you were in would determine your delivery status.

3. SgtBullmoose, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012

SgtBullmoose macrumors member

If it's anythng like the Canadian launch, the cities will getmit launch date and your delivery day is later the further out in the bush you live.

Edit there's a map of shipping dates in your cart on the Aus store o. The right before the checkout screen

http://store.apple.com/au/browse/overlay/ipad/shipping

4. hellomoto4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for the information!

5. davenz macrumors regular

At least you can pre-order. New Zealand has been left out yet again....

6. hellomoto4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Yeah, a bit dodgy for you Kiwis! Hopefully the launch isn't too long after the 16th for your sake :)