Australian Open 2009

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Macmadant, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

Hey,
    Not long now till the australian open, starting on the 19th Jan-1 Feb 09.Who do you guys think will win it this year ? Def. Novak Djokovic, 3 time winner Roger federer, Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray, or maybe even someone out of the top 4.

Personally i think it's too close to call Andy Murray has improved so much over the last year particularly on hard court. Roger federer i think really wants to win this to get back on track from the rough year that he's just had. Nadal Had his best year at the open last year getting to the semi's, but thats as far as he seems to get in hard court grand slams.

2. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

Murray is looking really good at the moment, nice wins over Federer and Nadal this week. Saying that, he's British so of course he won't win :D

without knowing the draw, I think you've named the 4 semi-finalists and it really will depend who is on form come the semi's

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The only reason I watch this late at night is to see Sharapova run around. Isn't that the only reason to watch tennis really.:cool:

4. Lara F macrumors 6502a

Working overnight and things are quiet so far...might there be any video stream of the Australian Open (starts in under 1 hour I believe) that would work on the iPhone? I'm kicking myself since I have Orb and a working tuner, but not the IR blaster yet so it's stuck on one channel. Should have left it on ESPN2. :(