Australian warranty too trusting?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by laudern, Jun 29, 2013.

1. laudern macrumors 6502a

Hi guys

I came across something interesting the other day. I was having trouble with my iPhone (microphone not working) and I called up tech support and we went through the steps and we eventually got it working after a full reset. If the reset didn't work I was told I could send my phone in and pay $50 ( or around that) and apple would send out a replacement before they even received my phone

But what got my attention was that if the reset didn't work I'd be able to post the phone back to apple and I could pay like $50or so and apple would post out a replacement phone before they even received my phone.

I was wondering, if someone said their microphone was not working (but it was) and got the replacement phone and when apple checks the phone and sees nothing is wrong what would they do? Especially if they have already sent the replacement phone?

Just an interesting thought.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's the reason they ask for a credit card.
    In case someone sends in a piece of wood instead of an iphone they will go ahead and charge the credit card the full amount of the phone.

3. laudern thread starter macrumors 6502a

What if you sent in an iPhone with no fault with the sole intention of getting a replacement phone?

4. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

What would be the point in that?

5. laudern thread starter macrumors 6502a

To get a new phone with no scratches or chips on it, if you had a iPhone you have dropped. (Which I don't, just yet lol)