Authenitc Apple cables?

PixieGirl

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Anywhere else to get lightning cables that are authentic Apple other than Apple? First time buying Apple stuff so I'm a bit lost.

PixieGirl

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Thanks..Wasn't sure about Amazon after I had bought what was suppose to be an authentic Samsung cable for my note. Definitely wasn't authentic.

dianestory2

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Thanks..Wasn't sure about Amazon after I had bought what was suppose to be an authentic Samsung cable for my note. Definitely wasn't authentic.
Just make sure the vendor is reliable. If it's fulfilled by amazon, you are pretty safe. (for example)

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
You just need to look for Apple certified cables. They don't have to be from Apple. Just be aware most certified lightning cables aren't a great deal cheaper. I suspect the license to get the certification is not cheap.

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
I JUST got that same cable from Amazon. It's the real deal. Comes in the Apple box with the impossible to open seal. I can't bring myself to try and pry it open yet. Why do they do that?

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
I did not know about the 250 posts

----------

I JUST got that same cable from Amazon. It's the real deal. Comes in the Apple box with the impossible to open seal. I can't bring myself to try and pry it open yet. Why do they do that?
I've been getting better with time, but I think they could do something easier.

Rajani Isa

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2010
Rogue Valley, Oregon
If you're in the Northwest, it's not infrequent to find Fred Meyers to have 20-30% off or so on cellphone accessories.

And the Belkin cable is also pretty good. As I recall, the lightning connector is even about the same size. (The size of the covering on the cable end is generally the big worry point on Apple Certified cables, as some of them are bigger and don't fit through case openings.

Outrun1986

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
I got the Belkin cable for $10 at OfficeMax since it was on sale, even the cheap cables sold at TJ Maxx are 14.99. The Belkin cable does have a larger connector so it might be an issue with some cases. Reviews are not positive for the Belkin cable, but I've had mine for a month or 2 and it works great. I suspect the negative reviews are for fakes.

mr99

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2014
Yes there is a marketplace section on this forum, it is not trickery. Be careful with Amazon purchases, looks like most of them are fake and same goes for eBay. You have to get lucky and find someone who has spares from many iPad/iPhone/iPod purchases or purchase aftermarket.

Maetzle

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2014
The Amazon Basic Lightning cables are supposedly pretty good and cheaper than the original cables. Just a bit thicker and therefor don't fit with all cases.

Edit.: Wen i click on the Amazon link above it takes me to the german Amazon site where it says cable by Apple and original bla bla - but looking at the ratings these are fake as well.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.