Authentic Anime DVDs?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 7on, Mar 7, 2008.

1. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Are there any good places online for authentic (non-bootleg) DVDs? The real reason being my copy of Hellsing was a bootleg but now after owning it for 3 years it's completely unplayable (the plastic layers on the dvd have separated) so basically I'm looking for a DVD of those 13 episodes if anyone knows a reputable retailer.

Thanks!

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

In my experience, Best Buy has a huge selection of Anime, however I've never been happy with the prices.

If I could get the each season (26 eps) of Bleach for $26 I'd get it, but it is something like $20 for 4 episodes.

TEG

3. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Just look for any place selling the actual Geneon DVDs (the licensor here in the states). The box set of the Hellsing TV series retails for $60.00.

4. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Geneon went under late last year, with no arrangements in place to continue distribution of properties under their control. If there's something you really want and you see it available, it might be a good idea to snatch it up, because particular titles may become scarce until and unless another company makes a move to distribute them in the U.S..

5. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

6. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

:eek: Oh my!
    Well I was going to put it off as SSBB comes out Sunday... But seeing how there's an explanation as to why I should buy it now.

Looks like http://geneonanimation.com/ is still active, and they have it listed there online.

7. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

8. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

That's my normal place, but they stopped carrying the Hellsing Signature collection :eek: