Authorisation Problem In iTunes 8

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by northy124, Sep 12, 2008.

1. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Hi

As the title says I'm having problems authorising my mum's iTunes files in the new iTunes 8, The pass is correct as it worked when it was in iTunes 7 and it is really annoying.

Some files give her old email address as the buyer and some give new address (pass was same for both BTW) does that make a difference? Do Apple delete accounts if they are not used for a while?

BTW I'm reinstalling OS X later on today (Might sort it out?) and also none of the files are authorised on any other PC.

Any help appreciated.

Northy

2. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

3. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

same here. Tells me the computer is authorized, but every time I try to play a purchased song it asks me to authorize. I do so again, and it says I'm authorized, but still won't play. Tried deauthorizing/reauthorizing, didn't work.

4. northy124 thread starter macrumors 68020

northy124

I got it sorted but in the process all my TV Shows/Films got deleted, I now hate iTunes 8 it has lost me $150 worth of TV Shows/Films.

5. parche macrumors newbie

New Computer

I am getting a new computer soon, and want the best out there for the $$$ which one should I get, need good graphics for pc games...:)