Authorization issue with iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mac3687, Sep 26, 2007.

1. mac3687 macrumors member

I recently figured out how to play music on my desktop PC from the iTunes library on my MacBook. However, the songs I purchased in the iTunse Music Store won't play, because I needed to authorize mt desktop to play them. In trying to do so, I was told that five computers are already authorized. I have no idea which computers they are, as I only use my laptop and desktop. How can I deauthorize the other ones? I don't even know where to begin looking...

2. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

Once a year you can ask apple to reset all your authorizations.

You can lose them by not de-authorizing prior to a software update (the OS, or itunes, or Quicktime, whatever).

It's good to have a routine for updates where you de-auth prior, re-auth afterwards. then you don't lose an auth on that machine. do it for each machine, you should be fine.

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I've never had any problems like that. Seems like a hassle to deauthorize just to do an update. I have found though that doing a reinstall doesn't deauthorize a machine, though you can deauthorize after the reinstall. I ran into that when I did a fresh install of my iBook before I sold it.

But yes, like you said, Apple can deauthorize all of the accounts once a year.