Authorized Repair Centers?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Southernboyj, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I live several hours from an Apple Store, and my MacBook Pro's HDMI-Out port is messing up.

I called Apple and they said I could take my computer to a local store that is authorized to work on Apple products.

Has anyone had any experience with these?

2. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Yes. My "Center" is a guy down the street that works out of a spare room in his house and I don't care. He's fully backed by Apple and has access to Apple's resources.

That's what "Authorized" means. :D

3. Ifti macrumors 68000

I used a repairer - I think they were called Event Computers, or something similar.

Absolute crap.

Dropped an Apple Display off to them. Told them the power supply was fine, but got no display. Promised a quote for next day. Had to chase for 4 days before I even got a quote. Each day I was promised someone would get back to me - nothing.

Person dealing with my screen was a junior. First he told me the power supply was dead. I told him it wasnt as I could charge my macbook fine through it. He then got back to me after a few hours and told me the whole panel had gone, as the backlight was working fine.

Collected the screen. Took it home and it worked perfectly fine for about 30 mins, before it died again. No backlight, nothing.

In the end it wasnt the panel at fault. I purchased a logic board and replaced it myself.

Had to complain to them and got a refund for the so called initial inspection.

Will never go back there again.