Authorized Seller 1 year warranty

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MadSkillzPhan, Mar 23, 2011.

1. MadSkillzPhan macrumors newbie

So I purchase 2010 MBP from amazon last year. 2011 MBP from macconnection this year. Both time when i go check my warranty status on apple site, it tells me to register. So if say i bought it in march and dont register till say may. would my 1 year start from may? thanks

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

No. Your warranty with Apple starts the day you purchased your Mac not when you decide to register it.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, your warranty starts from the date of purchase, whether you register or not.

4. MadSkillzPhan thread starter macrumors newbie

So when i purchase from the authorized sellers, they already put it in apples system?

5. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

No. The way you register is by sending them your reciept. They will see the purchase date

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

All warranties begin on purchase date, regardless of if or when they're registered.

7. MadSkillzPhan thread starter macrumors newbie

so i just registered my mbp and i entered march 27th as purchase date. why would it say Estimated Expiration Date: March 27, 2012. i bought this the 2nd day it was released.

8. Ccrew macrumors 68020

It will if you entered it as the sale date, but if you get warranty service you may be required to produce the receipt. Since it wasn't purchased from Apple it wasn't entered at time of sale is all. Subsequently you may have to prove warranty via a receipt if you need repair..