Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MadSkillzPhan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
So I purchase 2010 MBP from amazon last year. 2011 MBP from macconnection this year. Both time when i go check my warranty status on apple site, it tells me to register. So if say i bought it in march and dont register till say may. would my 1 year start from may? thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
So I purchase 2010 MBP from amazon last year. 2011 MBP from macconnection this year. Both time when i go check my warranty status on apple site, it tells me to register. So if say i bought it in march and dont register till say may. would my 1 year start from may? thanks
No, your warranty starts from the date of purchase, whether you register or not.

MadSkillzPhan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
so i just registered my mbp and i entered march 27th as purchase date. why would it say Estimated Expiration Date: March 27, 2012. i bought this the 2nd day it was released.

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
so i just registered my mbp and i entered march 27th as purchase date. why would it say Estimated Expiration Date: March 27, 2012. i bought this the 2nd day it was released.

It will if you entered it as the sale date, but if you get warranty service you may be required to produce the receipt. Since it wasn't purchased from Apple it wasn't entered at time of sale is all. Subsequently you may have to prove warranty via a receipt if you need repair..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.